Băbiu Village had its first documentary attestation between 1291 and 1294, under the name of Babun.
Babiu village’s reformed church was built on the place of a wooden church built in XVIII century, which was destroyed by the fire.
The church had the walls painted and the roof made by shingle. On the south side, there is an entrance. The bell tower was also wooden made and was situated next to the Reformed church.
Fortunately we can imagine how the interior of the wooden church looked like, because the painted ceiling cassettes and the loft’s parapet exist in our day’s Reformed church, recovered from the old wooden church, painted by Kövendi Asztalos János in 1763.
The ceiling’s cassettes, choir’s front and pulpit situates perfect in the church built in 1935, after Kós Károly architect’s plans. Nearby the church the Orthodox Christian’s church was built in around 1930.
Pentru informații despre alte Programe desfășurate sub egida Uniunii Europene în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind procesul de aderare al României la Uniunea Europeană, puteţi să vizitaţi pagina de internet a Reprezentanţei Comisiei Europene în România.
Acest site nu reprezintă poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga responsabilitate referitoare la corectitudinea şi coerenţa acestor informaţii aparţine persoanelor care au iniţiat pagina web.
Toate informaţiile privind Programul Național de Dezvoltare Rurală furnizate prin acest site sunt distribuite GRATUIT şi nu sunt destinate comercializării.